I Need a Haircut.

I couldn’t take it anymore.  I needed a haircut.

But, in Liberia, West Africa, I was the minority, my hair didn’t conform to the typical Liberian hair.

Their hair needed a straight edge razor.  My hair needed scissor’s.  It wasn’t a lack of barber’s; they just weren’t familiar in cutting straight long hair.

So, finding the only person with similar hair, our Lebanese landlord, I asked who cuts hair like mine? 

Table of contents

HideShow

Old Time Barber Shop

He had a recommendation, “Salah’s Barbershop” downtown.

Sam the barber was Lebanese, born in Liberia but trained elsewhere, I could tell he knew his craft. 

It was a regular old-style barber shop, a bunch of guys hanging around smoking cigars and joking. 

Sam took his time.  He wanted to make a good impression.

Do You Have a Meeting with the President?

In fact, a Liberian man came and went three times waiting for me to be done.

Impatient and irritated, and in a very sarcastic tone he asked me if I had a meeting with the President of the United States, and walked out. 

Sam brushed him off and focused on my hair. 

Sam earned a new customer that day.

Lesson Learned

After years in business, I’ve learned the value of customer service.  80% of PinProsPlus business is repeat.  Loyalty comes not because of price, but because of good service.  And along the way, the other 20% of new business, often comes by way of referral.

Take the Slums out of the People

Take the Slums out of the People

Changing a boys life by giving him an opportunity.

VIEW POST
Pinpros:  5 First Year Challenges

Pinpros: 5 First Year Challenges

I finally owned my own business. But what were my first challenges? You might be surprised.

VIEW POST
Just Believe!

Just Believe!

I was scared to death of public speaking, but I wanted to be a great Orator.

VIEW POST

About ME

I was convinced for years I wasn't a writer - so I didn't. Now I'm older, and I have a strong desire to write - so I do.  The blog Craig A Fry is my way of sharing with the world (but mostly just documenting my thoughts) things I've learned from Business, Personal Life and Spiritual Insights.

LEGAL INFORMATION

Puzzle Seek is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Puzzle Seek also participates in affiliate programs with Clickbank, ShareASale, Cj and other sites. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.

About Craig A FryContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of Service

© 2021 Copyright Craig A Fry